Last Updated 8/5/20
The safe and timely delivery of your packages is our number one priority. Due to the pandemic, the demand for ecommerce shipping has increased significantly while the process has become more complex. USPS domestic package volume is up 60 to 80 percent year-over-year. International shipping has been experiencing service interruptions as a result of reduced air freight and border limitations.
We are utilizing our close relationship with the USPS and other international postal authorities to identify operational solutions that reduce the chance of delays. Some of the proactive steps we are taking include:
- Daily calls with the USPS to identify opportunities for improvement
- Preemptive rerouting of packages to improve delivery speed
- Proactive outreach from our customer service department regarding volumes and delivery impacts
We appreciate your patience during these unique times. Your business is important to us and we are dedicated to providing the best delivery services possible.
As the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect our communities, OSM Worldwide is working to maintain a high level of service for your business and to ensure the health and safety of our employees and partners. As a partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS), we, too, will continue to follow the same guidelines and instructions from the U.S. government, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We are monitoring the situation and have developed contingency plans if any our facilities are affected by any future mandates or other change in operations. We will keep you informed about any situations that arise and any potential delivery delays.
Currently, our supply chain and logistics network are fully operational. To help us keep you informed, we have created a dedicated web page with the latest information about how OSM is adapting to this evolving situation on this page. And, of course, if you have any questions, you can always contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At OSM Worldwide, providing the best service to our valued customers has always been our top priority. With the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we continue to work diligently to mitigate the effects of the virus on both our business and our employees.
Currently, we are not experiencing any delays in domestic distribution and are in constant contact with the USPS for updates about the situation. As air travel continues to be restricted, international customers may experience some delays in delivery times.
Please be assured that we are taking every precaution to prevent any disruption to service and the delivery of customer packages. We are also taking serious steps to protect the health of our employees and to ensure that there are no interruptions to our services or to our company workflows. Here are some of the proactive steps we are taking:
- We have established an OSM Response Team. The response team is meeting daily to review any updates and impacts on the company, clients, or our business partners—and to provide updates about any changes to USPS procedures. We are also developing contingency plans to respond to any service changes that may occur.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitation at all of our facilities.
- We have established new work-from-home processes to ensure that our business continues to run smoothly. To support those employees, we have upgraded our remote systems to ensure that they can handle the increased capacity required by remote staff.
- We have eliminated all noncritical business travel and face-to-face meetings.
- We have instructed any staff who are sick—or who have family members who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19—to stay home.
In addition, the following changes have been implemented at all of our distribution centers.
- No overlapping shifts are allowed in order to prevent any unnecessary person-to-person contact.
- No drivers are allowed to enter the buildings.
- Cleaning crews have been assigned to wipe down all surfaces at the start of each shift, with responsibilities for sanitizing specific areas assigned to specific team members.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the plant floors. Signage and communication points have been established throughout the facilities, emphasizing the appropriate hygienic steps we can all take to minimize spread of this infection.
As the situation continues to evolve in the coming weeks, we are working with many customers to ensure that their workloads are covered by establishing volume forecasts.
Please be assured that we are committed to meeting the needs and expectations of our customers and employees, are following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local and state guidelines at our workplace. We will contact you as we receive updates about the situation. If you have any questions in the meantime, please be sure to reach out to your OSM Worldwide Account Manager.
Because you are a valued customer, we want you to know that we are focused on monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 and are following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at our workplace, as well as the steps being taken by the U.S. Postal Service.
As of this time, we have not experienced any impacts and do not anticipate any disruptions in our operations due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please be assured that we will continue to take steps to ensure that there are not unnecessary interruptions to our services or to our company workflows.
For more about specific steps being taken to protect shipments and operations, please read the March 10 Service Alert from the USPS at: https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/